Is coffee good for your health?
Yes, coffee has numerous health benefits. Some of them include:
- Improved energy levels
- Sharper brain function
- Helps in fat-burning processes
- Contains essential nutrients like riboflavin, pantothenic acid, manganese, and potassium
- May lower your risk of type-2 diabetes
- May protect your brain and nervous system against the onset of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- Lower the risk of Parkinson’s disease
It should be noted that everything in excess is harmful for your body. Make sure to stick within the recommended servings per day to avoid health issues. It’s also not advisable to drink coffee when you’re pregnant or if you have chronic anxiety. Consult your physician first before incorporating coffee into your diet.
Is it OK to drink coffee everyday?
Studies have shown that it’s okay to drink up to four cups of coffee each day. Each cup should measure no more than eight ounces. Statistically, most US residents consume only one cup of hard coffee per day.
Be mindful of the caffeine levels in your drink. Always listen to your body and never consume more than you can handle.
What are the popular ways to brew coffee at home?
There are three popular ways to brew your own cup of coffee at home.
- Pour over coffee or drip coffee - This is one of the most efficient and cheapest ways to get a premium cup of coffee at home. This typically involves a cone coffee dripper, some paper filters, and coarsely ground coffee. However, with Cafellissimo Paperless Pour Over, you eliminate the need for the filter papers. It’s environmentally friendly and you’ll end up saving money in the long run.
- French press - This method was invented in 1929 but is still widely used today. This is widely favored because it can extract the strongest coffee flavors compared to other methods. Ground coffee is soaked and pressed in a press pot. This requires coarsely ground beans measuring about two tablespoons per cup. Steep for four minutes and you’re good to go.
- Aeropress - This coffee preparation method is relatively new. This was invented in 2005 by Alan Adler. The Aeropress is made of plastic and has three chambers. You use the plunger to force the coffee brew through a filter. This method gives you a full-bodied flavor profile that’s very similar to espresso shots.
What’s the best temperature for brewing coffee?
The ideal temperature for brewing coffee is 95 to 98 degrees Celsius. Colder temperatures aren’t as effective in extracting coffee flavors. Anything higher may also cause the acidity to spike. Use a food thermometer to regulate the temperature of the water for brewing.
How should you store coffee beans?
For coffee beans to retain their flavor, it is ideal to store them in airtight containers. Store them in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight. The same goes for ground coffee beans, from fine to course.
It helps to label the coffee beans. Indicate the date they’re ground as well as the expiration date. Include the type of coffee beans in the container as well as the type of roast.